Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Three Rivers review, and a new idea

I'm pretty easy on Three Rivers, mindful that it might be just the thing for people not of my generation.

So I have a brilliant idea. I am going to attempt to work my way through the Booker winners. I've read a handful of the more recent winners, though I never finished Possession, but I haven't read anything before then. First up, 1969's PH Newby's Something to Answer For. It might be interesting to do it by year--stack up the Booker winner v. the National Book Award or Pulitzer Prize winner from the U.S. Any thoughts? 1969 had House Made of Dawn by N. Scott Momaday (Pulitzer) and Steps by Jerry Kosinski.

I am almost immediately daunted.

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen