Sunday, October 16, 2011

movies for the rest of the year

Movies I Want to See in Theaters:

The Muppets -- it looks like Jason Segel did his due diligence and made a true-to-Henson's-spirit movie, despite knowing that so-called entertainment writers all over the world can't spell his five-letter surname properly and don't even try to anymore.

Melancholia -- I hate Lars von Trier. Hate, hate, hate. And I don't get Charlotte Gainsbourg at all. But it still looks cool.

The Descendants -- depends entirely on the reviews actually.

Shame and A Dangerous Method -- Fassbender. Mmm.

Ghost Protocol -- Yeah, I know.

Movies I'll Probably Wait for on DVD/Netflix:

In Time -- anyone but Amanda Seyfried and it might have been a theater movie for me
The Rum Diary
Martha Marcy May Darlene
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy -- don't think I'll be able to read the book in time
Arthur Christmas -- unless it gets rave reviews
Sherlock Holmes -- don't think I'll be able to do this AND Ghost Protocol in theaters.
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo -- unless I finish the book in time.
New Year's Eve -- probably a double-header with Tattoo. I hear New Year's Eve kills off its entire cast but Ludacris.

Am I missing anything?

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen