Monday, August 19, 2013

coming up...

I haven't done any travel since my mother went back to CT, and my life has revolved almost entirely around hiking, running, writing, and Groundlings (Basic).

Now Groundlings is over, I'm not exactly being swept away by any writing projects, and all my hiking training is done. What was I training for? The Queen Charlotte Track in New Zealand, silly pants. Are we only connected through this blog? How sad for you.

I'm flying to New Zealand Wednesday morning (well, Hawaii on Wednesday, and I end up in NZ on Thursday night b/c of the International Dateline/time travel element of the flight), where I'll be staying through my birthday plus a day ('cause who wants to fly across the Pacific on their 30th birthday? NO ONE).

So this ignored little blog will soon be filled with photos and tales from Wellington, Auckland, and Picton.

AND THEN I'm going to Eastern Europe for Thanksgiving. UNEXPECTED for real. My Groundlings class wasn't exactly the life-changer I'd hoped for, but I did meet some amazing people including an opera singer who lives in Vienna most of the time and from whom I wrangled an invitation to visit. So I jumped onto getgoing.com, booked a cheap Thanksgiving flight to Budapest (with a layover in Moscow) where I'll spend two days, take the train to Bratislava for another overnight stop, and then end in Vienna for some Christmas market and classical music fun.

But one major trip at a time. Keep an eye out.

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen