Saturday, June 20, 2009

San Francisco

I'm going in a few weeks! The tickets are purchased. Virgin America, I hope you are awesome. I flew Virgin from England once, and it was a bit silly, but you're fairly cheap, so I decided to get on board with you. Hooray!

So I need things to do there. If anyone knows Frisco and has suggestions, please let me know. I'll be there all day the 7th and 8th of July and most of the 9th. I want to eat chocolate, go to City Lights, go to the science museum, frolic on some piers, I think, you know, the usual.

So SF, if you're planning on having an NBC summer disaster special-level sort of earthquake, please feel free to wait until the 10th. Los Angeles, if you're planning on having said earthquake, really try to do it on the 7th or 8th. In other words, leave me out of it.

1 comment:

Maize said...

Yay, San Francisco is a beautiful place to visit!!!

So, here's my two-cents: The Lands End trail is a really great and pretty place to frolic. Plus, at one end of it (or close to it, I think) is the Legion of Honor museum.

You might want to catch a movie at the Kabuki Sundance theatre if the weather's bad (or even if it isn't).

If you're going to City Lights, you should definitely get some yummy Italian food in North Beach.

I always liked meandering around the Castro and the Haight neighborhoods, too. Baker Beach is a good place to watch a sunset, or just go in general.

And whenever people visited I would make them walk across the Golden Gate Bridge, which is nice but windy. On the other side, though, you can get to some cool hiking trails.

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen