Thursday, July 2, 2009

morning

It's a lovely hot morning here in the eastern San Fernando Valley. The sun is up, the birds are chirping (loudly, constantly), and I am huddled up inside my messy bedroom waiting till it's time for me to go to work for a few hours. I made some chocolate yogurt cakes from David Lebovitz's The Sweet Life in Paris for a little potluck.

I've been reading Christopher Potter's You Are Here, which is something of a refresher course but also provides a beautiful and clear explanation of the theory of "relativity," or invariance, as Einstein would have liked it called. I recommend the book for that sake alone.

The more I read of science now the more I realize how poor, antiquated, and deceptive pre-collegiate science curricula are. In any event...

My friend is considering going to Argentina next month, and if all goes well, I may go for a week as well. Cross your fingers.

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen