Wednesday, August 19, 2009

into winter

Nomads, unite!

I'll be in Mexico City by tonight (it's just after midnight on August 19) and Buenos Aires tomorrow. My first foray south of the Equator. My third continent. Three countries (Uruguay, Argentina, and Mexico) in one go. All very exciting. I may or may not post updates/photos during my trip. I am hoping to write some kind of a travel piece--anything that gets published will get a link here.

Bringing more books along than I will probably need. Have been reading a lot of travel literature lately in its various forms. Has the ability to both ignite and dampen wanderlust. Lucky that I'm not heading off to North Africa or the Middle East because my latest read would make me dread it fully.

Now am off to bed. Long flights tomorrow and the day after. Adios!

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen