Monday, August 10, 2009

No Eric

So today on my way home from work, I was stopped at the intersection of Whitsett and Magnolia and I noticed a sign in the window of the photo lab/camera shop. A simple sign that said "No Eric."

Which begs the question, who's Eric? And why would anyone expect him to be there? Is he a celebrated, sexy former employee whose trysts with customers got him fired? Is he a guy who owes some shady North Hollywood thugs money? Is he a type of camera? Or are Erics prohibited from entering the store? Maybe the owner lost his wife/partner to a lothario named Eric or maybe his partner was named Eric or he found out that the man his mother left his father for is named Eric or some guy named Eric stole his parrot or maybe Eric was his parrot and the parrot called the store owner something unsavory?

Really, I find the "No Eric" sign sad and mysterious, but not so surprising. Erics are often too attractive for their own good. Eric Stoltz, for example, or, um... Well, wasn't the prince in The Little Mermaid named Eric? I think I've made my case. So beware, my friends. Though Eric may no longer be lurking around Whitsett and Magnolia, he is out there. And God knows what he's capable of.

Addendum: Eric Pakurar is also an
almost annoyingly good-looking and awesome human being with an equally good-looking and awesome family. I wouldn't want him in my camera shop either.

3 comments:

pak said...

yes Eric!

Maize said...

Haha! Don't rule out the possibility of a True Blood reference.

Little Miss Nomad said...

Three reasons I don't watch True Blood:

1- No time.
2- No inclination.
3- No HBO.

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen