Thursday, September 16, 2010

songs of the year so far

I've been listening to a lot of British garage rock recently, but I just wanted to share some of my favorite songs of the year so far. Some of them aren't from 2010--I just discovered them this year. So, enjoy.

Little Lion Man by Mumford & Sons
The High Road by Broken Bells
Light of the Morning by Band of Skulls
Cosmic Love by Florence and the Machine (I like it better than Dog Days Are Over, has overtones of Bjork)
Mas Que Nada by Sergio Mendes feat. the Black-Eyed Peas
Laredo by Band of Horses
Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys (I really only like her part, but it's still great)
Kings and Queens by 30 Seconds to Mars (I got the video right after Christmas of '09, so it counts; This is War is also pretty great)
How You Like Me Now by The Heavy
Sweet Disposition by the Temper Trap

I've also continued to love Duffy, Muse(mostly), MGMT, Phoenix, and Weezer (despite myself).

What about y'all? What are you listening to?

1 comment:

See Elle Oh said...

I love the Temper Trap! Also discovered A Fine Frenzy this year. I've been a little obsessed with Cee-Lo's "F**k You" lately. It's just so catchy and the video's very cute.

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen