Thursday, December 2, 2010

today

Today I found the Lake Hollywood Reservoir, the pristine gated lake hidden in the hills. You can walk partway round the Reservoir and end at the Mulholland Dam which has the goshdarn prettiest view of the Hollywood Sign there is. I parked at the North Gate, so my roundtrip walk was 4.6 miles, but if park at the East Gate (the one that's actually open), the walk's only 3.2 miles. Even with the big wire fence, I highly recommend it.

Tonight I saw a screening of David Cianfrance's Blue Valentine, which is a very layered and short-story-ish movie that I quite liked. Ryan Gosling is particularly excellent, and as soon as the soundtrack is on iTunes, I'm totally buying his version of "You Always Hurt the One You Love."

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen