Sunday, January 16, 2011

Golden Globe TV should/will

Best Television Series (Drama) - The Good Wife/Mad Men

Everyone loves Weiner.

Best Actress (Drama) - Julianna Margulies/Julianna Margulies

I think if Sons had a wider audience, Sagal would take it, but I think this is Margulies' award.

Best Actor (Drama) - Jon Hamm/Hugh Laurie

Bryan Cranston literally has no more room in his house for awards, and Hamm deserves it, but I think everyone misses Laurie. The man gives good speech.

Best TV Series (Comedy) - The Big Bang Theory/Modern Family

Just a personal taste thing.

Best Actress (Comedy) - Tina Fey/Laura Linney

This is tough, because I only watch 30 Rock and The Big C, but I believe Liz Lemon exists. So...

Best Actor (Comedy) - Jim Parsons/Jim Parsons

I also believe Sheldon exists and that his seat is sacred.

Best Miniseries/Made-for-TV movie - The Pillars of the Earth/?

I'm sure The Pillars of the Earth does not, in fact, deserve it over its fellow nominees, but it's the only one I've seen, and I'd like Starz to get some credit for the sheer unadulterated joyful madness of its programming over the last few years.

Best Actress (Miniseries) - Romola Garai/Claire Danes

Romola was a fantastic Emma.

Best Actor (Miniseries) - Idris Elba/Carlos Ramirez

I've only seen Luther, and Idris Elba is spectacular, but I've heard great things about Ramirez.

Best Supporting Actress - Julia Stiles/Sofia Vergara

I think everyone thinks Sofia is overdue.

Best Supporting Actor - Scott Caan/Eric Stonestreet

I know people are thinking Colfer for this, but I don't buy it. Anyway, really Scott Caan's hair deserves the award. Love me some Caan.

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen