Friday, August 26, 2011

Nicholl, true facts

So, awesome news: my first feature film script Loverude was a Nicholl Quarterfinalist!
So, bad news: my first feature film script Loverude was not a Nicholl Semifinalist.

But let's get real here. Loverude's the FIRST script I ever wrote, and it's a weird little film about a virgin and a gigolo falling in love. This is not the kind of thing that would be likely to win or should, for that matter.

But QF is the top 300 of 6,000 scripts, which is pretty friggin' insane, so I'm happy.
Meanwhile, I wrote my second feature Method over the last month, and it's way better than Loverude, though Method is also weird and was written for a specific purpose.

Now I'm working on a project that could lead to either a huge change in my life or none at all. 'Cause that's what writing is: a whole lot of potential and a whole lot of free work until maybe, some day, someone pays you more than $500 for something. That's my dream anyhow.

I'll post stuff from San Francisco soon, hopefully before my birthday/forget what I did.

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen