Sunday, November 30, 2008

Good ideas

I haven't seen Australia yet--the run time's a bit daunting, considering I spend 40 hours a week watching about 5 to 6 hours worth of television, but I love the idea of a national epic and was already thinking of movies that could someday might make a nice box set with Australia when Vanity Fair beat me to the punch with this. Who wouldn't watch a Lorne Michaels-produced epic starring Alanis Morissette and Dan Aykroyd? I just hope Enrico Colantoni gets to be in it. Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams might be too big to get, but the greatest TV dad since Bill Cosby should definitely be in it. You know, assuming it were a go.

Also, I never eat cinnamon buns. Most are too gooey for me, but I saw the large square fluffy ones at Porto's in Burbank today, and I had to have one. For $1.50, it was a no-brainer, and damn was it good. More bun, less stickiness. Completely balanced. Mmm.

Tomorrow, friends from out-of-town are stopping by on their round-the-country trek, and I'm thinking of hitting up the Christmas lights at Griffith Park and maybe the Paris Review celebration thingamajig Tuesday night. What else? Hmm...

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen