Tuesday, January 27, 2009

1:717

Gmail is currently encountering problem #717 on my account. That means there are at least 716 other problems, assuming the Google people count the way the rest of us do. I wonder what's going wrong. I can't think of 717 things that can go wrong in real life, let alone in an email account. But I can think of one.

#1: Your email to your roommates expressing your wish to no longer have to do all the dishes in the apartment is completely taken the wrong way and leads to a two-day-long email fight the likes of which are...bad. Really, really bad.

So that's one. I'm gonna come up with 717 things that can go bad now if it kills me. One every day. That's my new mission.

Also, read this. It would be funny if it weren't completely accurate.

I watched Penelope today finally. I've been wanting to for a while, and then it got delayed and there was bad press and it was barely out in theaters. You know what? I liked it. Probably not enough to watch it again. But I've always liked all the cast members in the movie, and, yeah, you can see where maybe there were some problems, but it's a nice movie, a nice story, certainly better than most of the crap that gets wide release. Good characters, I think. Reese Witherspoon's character seems like a throw-in, but everyone else is really nicely done. It's a fairy tale, but better than that. And God love James McAvoy. Anyhow, go rent it. Watch it with people. It's been unfairly treated.

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen