Thursday, June 30, 2011

The TV equivalent of Fantasy Football...

Fantasy Emmys just sounds weird.
I've put !s by who I think should win.

I'd say the hardest category is best supporting actor (comedy), but here are my top six:

Danny Pudi (Community)
Nick Offerman (Parks & Recreation)
Ty Burr (Modern Family)
Donald Glover (Community)
Adam Pally (Happy Endings)
Garrett Dillahunt (Raising Hope)

No ! because it's just too hard to choose. I want all to win.

best supporting actress (comedy):

Julie Bowen (Modern Family)
Jane Leeves (Hot in Cleveland)
Busy Phillips (Cougar Town)
!Mayim Bialik (Big Bang Theory)
Christa Miller (Cougar Town)
Wendie Malick (Hot in Cleveland)

best lead actress (comedy):
!Amy Poehler (Parks & Recreation)
Courteney Cox (Cougar Town)
Martha Plimpton (Raising Hope)
Tina Fey (30 Rock)
Kaley Cuoco (Big Bang Theory)
Melissa McCarthy* (Mike & Molly)


best lead actor (comedy):
Jim Parsons (Big Bang Theory)
Joel McHale (Community)
!Steve Carell (The Office)--only because his farewell eps were so great
Matt LeBlanc (Episodes)
Louis C.K. (Louie)
Alec Baldwin (30 Rock)

best comedy:
Big Bang Theory
!Community
Louie
Parks & Recreation
Cougar Town
Raising Hope

*this is more for her work in Bridesmaids, since I haven't watched anything of M&M but the crap pilot

I haven't seen Game of Thrones or much of Justified or Boardwalk Empire so I think my drama choices are less "spot-on"...

best supporting actor (drama):
Manu Bennett (Spartacus)
Josh Charles (The Good Wife)
Alan Cumming (The Good Wife)
Joel Kinnaman (The Killing)
Steve Zahn (Treme)
Ian Somerhalder (Vampire Diaries)

again too hard to pick

best supporting actress (drama):
!Archie Panjabi (The Good Wife)
Khandi Alexander (Treme)
Sara Ramirez (Grey's Anatomy)
Christine Baranski (The Good Wife)
Christine Hendricks (Mad Men)
Kim Dickens (Treme)

best lead actress (drama):
!Julianna Margulies (The Good Wife)
Mireille Enos (The Killing)
Elisabeth Moss (Mad Men)
Lucy Lawless (Spartacus)
Connie Britton (Friday Night Lights)
Emily Deschanel (Bones)

I'm not really committed to this race without Bryan Cranston...

best lead actor (drama):
!Kyle Chandler (Friday Night Lights)--just this once
Simon Baker (The Mentalist)
Nathan Fillion (Castle)
Hugh Laurie (House)
Michael C. Hall (Dexter)
Jon Hamm (Mad Men)

best drama (again I haven't seen many, so I can only honestly say...):
The Good Wife
Friday Night Lights
Treme

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen