Sunday, January 7, 2007

Hockey, Beach

Took the little sib to Yale-Brown men's ice hockey game last night. 0-2 in the first period, Yale wasn't looking too good, and then somehow we turned it around and beat Brown 4-3, but not before an all-team brawl, loads of penalties, and some gratuitous glass-checking for the benefit of the eight year-old boys leaning against the glass. I heart me some hockey.

This morning, 7:45 am, the 'rents wake me up so we can drive 45 minutes to go to the beach and introduce our new puppy, Libby, to a little thing we like to call the Atlantic Ocean. Hammonasset is a good beach, if you're ever in CT, and are jonesing for a decent jetty, boardwalk, wetlands. Good place to fly a kite, too, and there's a great clam shack called Bill's not far down the road in Westbrook.

OK, I'm sleepy. Going back to bed...

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen