Monday, October 8, 2007

In my dreams I'm kind of a freak

So, in large part a result of watching Fellini and Current and feeling lonesome and reading too many articles on stupid things and the fact that my mattress is too short for my body (thanks alot, IKEA), I had this dream last night in which I learned that children who got more sleep, grew up to be taller and, thus, better. But in the study, they also said that one girl grew to be 8 feet tall (she was a lumberjack) and had been in a logging accident in which she got hit in the eye with a log and blinded. "So come on, let up on her," the article said, meaning "She's experienced a tragic loss due indirectly to her height and so, let's not talk about it anymore, it's not nice but also -- don't worry about sleeping too much, because then you could go blind, too."

Doesn't that make a world of sense? I don't know why my subconscious thinks I'm afraid I'll be forced into becoming a lumberjack. Or, would it be lumberjill?

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen