Friday, July 18, 2008

tatterdemalion

tatterdemalion

wow

tatterdemalion

almost 25 years of age and only today does tatterdemalion come into my life

my mind is officially blown

tatterdemalion

also, did you know merriam-webster does not know the origin of nitty-gritty? just thought i'd keep you updated on that one

also gung-ho, according to dictionary.com "comes from Mandarin Chinese gōnghé, "to work together," which was used as a motto by the Chinese Industrial Cooperative Society. Lieutenant Colonel Evans F. Carlson (1896-1947) borrowed the motto as a moniker for meetings in which problems were discussed and worked out; the motto caught on among his Marines (the famous "Carlson's Raiders"), who began calling themselves the "Gung Ho Battalion."

which, of course, raises the question, who names their son Evans?

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen