Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Indiana Jones v. the Flower Lady??

Rain made a white fog rise up from the highway on the drive home today, so each car had this little protective shield of mist as it sped down I-91. Would have been lovely if not for the fact that it masked the brakelights of the cars ahead of me.

It's good to have lawyer-friends. I may need them some day. I don't plan on doing anything illegal, but have you ever met someone you feel is likely to end up on deathrow for a crime they didn't commit just because that's their kind of luck? Yeah, I worry that's me .

While discharging books the other day, I came across one with an amazing title. "Sand-Buried Ruins of Khotan." Fantastic. Indiana Jonesish escapades spring to mind. Speaking of which...

"Indiana Jones 4" is totally shooting at Yale the last week of June/first week of July! I'll be long gone by then, teaching in Gettysburg, but Harrison Ford will be dashing about the library where I'm currently getting headaches trying to read the tiny faded call numbers and breathing in the disintegrating paper. There's also supposed to be some chase scenes around Branford College, so on and so forth. SO much more exciting than "Mona Lisa Smile." My sister's just psyched that Shia might be around, too.

Anyhow, if I was feeling indifferent about the fourquel (I have no idea what you call numero quatro in a series of films), no longer. I'm super-psyched about watching Indy go Eli. Hoorah!

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen