Saturday, August 18, 2007

8/18/07 Update

I'm still getting my bearings, which means I end up driving in circles, way past where I need to go, and get into a bunch of near accidents.
But I'm getting the lay of LA.

Sent my sitcom pilot out to a major competition today. Cross your hearts and hope they like it.

Am now working on an hour-long called, for the moment, "Redemption." I'm really enjoying the storyline so far, though I think my heroine needs to be more sympathetic. That will come with time. The problem so far is that the best characters in the pilot I don't see as recurring ones -- they're there for the set-up, not for the long haul. Maybe I'll rework that.

My sister wants it set in San Francisco and called "The Gates." I'm going with Denver, and I have a rough idea for a different, better title, but I feel it wouldn't make sense unless you read the pilot. Which you won't. Not just yet. Not unless you want to produce it.

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen