Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Sepulveda rules

That's a road, an alternative to the nightmare Angelenos sometimes call the 405, and it is a tar-covered gift from heaven. Also, Sepulveda Rules would be a great name for a band.

My new pilot's about half-done. It's so much fun to work on -- this is my first hour-long, and it's far easier to do than a spec for an hour-long.

Got job as a producer's assistant -- start Thursday. I'm super-excited. Hopefully, it will eventually be a fulltime gig, or lead to one, so I can quit my stupid job in the Palisades.

Saw Superbad in Santa Monica last night with a writer-friend. Amazingly crass but really entertaining. The jokes aren't super-jokey. It's just kids being earnest and it's funny on top of funny. I was quite pleased with the ending as well, very satisfying and relatively realistic. Michael Cera's awesome, by the by.

Also, saw the trailer for "Walk Hard" and it looks like by far the best genre spoof that's come along in quite some time. Looking forward to it.

Finally watched the Damages pilot I downloaded from iTunes and am sad I can't watch the other eps online or onDemand. Despite the whole murdered fiance plot (which is a bit hackneyed since Alias) and a moderate level of predictability, it was engrossing TV. Mad Men I'm less sure of... the pacing may just be a bit too slow for me and my ilk.

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen