Saturday, August 4, 2007

Duff/doff

Bright shiny spots in an otherwise despicable week:

Father threw a little get-together to fare me well in my exitus prontus from these here parts. And gave me some money to buy a mattress. So screw you, sleeping bag!

Subscribed to reading The Magnificent Ambersons through Dailylit.com
Not sure how I feel about reading a classic novel via email, but I'm sure I'll have a decided opinion on it once I'm done with this Tarkington extravaganza.

Still don't have a definite person to drive with me to Cali. S-I-G-H.

Saw The Simpsons Movie last night, even though I really can't afford to do stuff like that. It was unabashedly entertaining, even though I haven't watched The Simpsons in close to forever. The great genius and success of comedy in The Simpsons has always been to make the stupid look clever and the clever look stupid. You got to doff your hat. Or Duff it. Your choice.

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen