Monday, August 20, 2007

written early morning (not posted til night)

Had lunch at Il Tramezzo (or something) with old roommate in Beverly Hills yesterday; too much mayo in the pesto chicken sandwich, but otherwise good. There's this amazing store, Hannspree, on Beverly (I think) that has customized televisions. You can get a Batman one, sports jerseys, baseballs, crabs, giraffes, all sorts of things. It's a real trip. On Rodeo we didn't go into any of the high-end clothes stores, but one galley had Miro, Rembrandt, Renoir, and a great deal of Picasso and Chagall (all of whom I love). If only I had 30,000 dollars to blow...

Then I went to Book Soup in WeHo, and did NOT get lost. Great indie bookstore, though on a very congested part of Sunset -- a little dark, high bookshelves, crowded, wonderful. A bookstore for book junkies.

Pinkberry is way overrated. It's not frozen yogurt in the traditional sense. It's frozen YOGURT, which isn't so great, especially if you don't like yogurt so much.

Accidentally went on a little detour through Mulholland the other day. Dry and brittle up there. Lots of signs about not smoking or starting fires. Don't want the giant gorgeous homes going up in flames.

I got a ticket to the premiere/Q&A of John August's new film "The Nines" for August 31. He has a great blog that provides much in the way of entertainment and isn't nearly as snarky (though equally enjoyable) as Ken Levine's. Anyhow, if you're interested in screenwriting, I recommend these.

That's all. Off to Hollywood for a meeting...

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen