Wednesday, February 13, 2008

amazing

Having watched Dexter and Nip/Tuck, I didn't think TV could shock me anymore.

And then I watched the second episode of Breaking Bad.

The hydrochloric incident is what I'm talking about here. And that a genuinely decent person, who's dying, finds himself in a situation where he is becoming a bad person. Not just a person who sells or makes drugs. But a person who commits murder. And this is a guy with a definite sense of right and wrong. That's very different from the premises of Nip/Tuck and Dexter. This is a chemistry teacher, for crying out loud. This could be your neighbor or even your father. Very distressing show. And excellent.

I read "The Wrong Grave" by Kelly Link in The Restless Dead. She's a great short story writer. Just wish she was a bit more prolific.

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen