Monday, February 4, 2008

well, it's here (and nearly gone again) again

Monday's almost over, and not for want of trying. I feel like it's been slo-mo grabbing for the finish line all day, and nothing's more painful to watch than a prolonged ending. Except maybe Hangin' With Mr. Cooper. God, I used to watch that show religiously. Actually, more than religiously, since I didn't attend church nearly as many Sundays as I did TGIFs.

I've started up a bit on my novel again. The first draft of my mini series spec is done, and I'm fresh out of fresh ideas. It's good, though. My novel's so close, and has been for now nearly a year. It's really the small bits that take forever, but I just soldier on.

Have been watching some of the Doctor Who with Christopher Eccleston. For those of you not in the know, Doctor Who's a bit like Sherlock Holmes or Bond in that about a million iterations of the character and storyline have popped up over the years, Eccleston's being the second-to-last. Sadly for us, Eccleston quit the series after 13 episodes (one longish season in Britain), apparently the day after the first episode aired back in '05 across the pond. Just goes to show how long I've been away from England.

Anyhow, the role suits him, and though I'm sure the current bloke, David Tennant, is just swell, I'm rather saddened, knowing that there's an end to the Eccleston saga. After all, he wasn't exactly put to great use on Heroes, and he doesn't appear to have much on the docket.

In the meantime it's of paramount importance that I find a little perspective in my life. I think I'm going to go buy a kaleidoscope, binoculars, and a scuba mask, see which works best.

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen