Wednesday, July 4, 2007

DC, "Virgins of the Getty," and so on

Happy Indie Day!

Went to DC yesterday to the Folger Shakespeare Library, which, let's get real, did not capture our kids' imaginations. It's just a little hall, as the theatre's being renovated.
It was hot and we have some anti-zoo kids, and the Zoo was far, far away. So we walked to the Smithsonian and let the bratlings loose for a bit. Amazing sculpture garden with this one piece, an overcoat sans the body, by someone or other. Lovely. Went to the Natural History Museum. Hope diamond was a disappointment, giant ground sloth was not.

My class is writing a sitcom called "Virgins of the Getty." Little geniuses.

Other stuff going on, don't want to talk about... feel a bit like I'm living in a mechanical toy circus. I'm winding down just as everything else is going into overdrive, little metal people smashing into each other.

Downloaded "Danny's Song." And how...

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen