Thursday, July 12, 2007

Notable Quotables

Me (reading the news): Michael Richards is in Cambodia.
Judd: Adopting a baby?

Student J: So you already graduated?
Me: Actually, I just got my MFA... (and then, I almost fall out of my chair).

Student M: What's a mmmbop?
(Later)
Student B: Shouldn't it be, what's an mmmbop?

Most of this takes place during Catchphrase, end of class today.

Student N: What rhymes with God?
Student J: Bod!

Student B (for phrase "filthy rich"): Dirty wealthy! Dirty wealthy!

Student A: It's a kind of meat! Meat! Meat!
Group: Chicken! Pork! Beef! Steak! Tacos!
Buzzer beeps.
Student AX: What was it?... A YAM??!!! A yam's not meat!

There's more, but I think you get the drift. After class, almost all my students thanked me for the best class they've ever had. That was nice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What! Yam is not a meat?

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen