Friday, June 1, 2007

getting library fever

If you want to know what kind of crack team of librarians work at the Yale library, consider this. Earlier this week we finally got around to discharging (means getting on library shelves) a "new" book called...

"Pluto and Planet X."

I'm just waiting for "What to Do About Y2K" to come down the pipeline.

Had some delish chicken tikka masala and naan tonight, then went to see "Mr. Brooks" at the Criterion (not my choice). The lovely people behind us spent half the movie trying to figure out if Marg Helgenberger was actually Michelle Pfeiffer or not. I wished Kevin Costner would stop killing people onscreen and start killing people who can't keep their mouths shut during a particularly predictable film.

OK, so I was a little predisposed to hate the guy because his reaction to the "Daywatch" trailer was: "I'm not going to see that film. The trailer insulted my intelligence. It gave too much information."

Go take a gander at the "Daywatch" trailer (it's the sequel to the Russian blocbuster "Nightwatch") and tell me if you agree. Because honestly, I think this guy has way too high an opinion of his intelligence.

Will stop ranting now.

Highlight of the day: fixed the library copier for a handsome young man with rather fierce, leonine eyebrows. Spent rest of hour at empty returns desk considering how unpleasant sex on the returns desk would be on the knees, back, neck, so forth... and yet, totally worth it, just to have actually had sex in the library (which, for those of you who don't know, is like a grand Gothic European cathedral without all the damn catholicism).

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen