Saturday, June 16, 2007

the wedding from cheshire

Mi padre got married today, and oh what a day it was. Held in my stepsister's backyard, the ceremony went on despite a rather alarming number of missing guests and my weeping father's inability to remove the wedding rings from the bearer's pillow. But overall the ceremony was short and sweet. And then the reception got under way... and the thunderstorms broke overhead. As rain started to fall on the tent and thunder grumbled in the distance, my uncle (who I haven't seen in 20 years or so and has a terrible health record) got really sick, and my father, being the hypochondriac he is, called the ambulance and cut the reception super-short. So we were stuck under the tent, in the middle of a pretty awful thunderstorm/downpour, waiting for the ambulance to arrive, and feeling really uncomfortable about the DJ playing Marvin Gaye...

Anyhow, my uncle's okay. He was just dehydrated. But holy moly, what a day.

1 comment:

Lynden K said...

haha you poor thing. Nothing less than dramatic. Im glad the rest seemed ok. We miss you here! Max and I both :)

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen