Monday, April 9, 2007

Apparently, it's also National Grilled Cheese Month

Not that anyone needs an excuse to celebrate the grilled cheese sandwich, arguably the pinnacle of meatless sandwiches (and only arguably because of the peanut butter and jelly sandwich, which is more classic, but not as delicious).

So many National ___ _____ Months. I love that we as a species and specifically as Americans are always looking for another way to celebrate or honor that which we love.

As far as I know there is no National Comedy Month, which is probably something that needs to be rectified. Also, National Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough Month (according to this, http://www.candyusa.org/Classroom/calendar.asp ever candy has her day, sometimes several) and National Quicksand Awareness Month are needed, as any chocaholic or R.O.U.S. will tell you.

1 comment:

CaraMia said...

I just made a grilled cheese sandwich with Gouda and brown mustard for lunch, independently of your blog but still. Viva National Grilled Cheese Month!

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen