Wednesday, April 11, 2007

lit blitz

Took a walk today to crack some writer's block, and I managed to do just that. So I worked on my outline, and now I'm reading Artistic Differences by Charlie Hauck -- cuz Jane Espenson mentioned it on her brilliant, incredibly useful blog.

Tonight is the season finale of Friday Night Lights. You heard right, season finale. Not series. NBC's giving it a short pickup for the fall, which is both a good and a bad thing. Good because more FNL is more FNL, bad because, only six? The constant will-they, won't-they cancel Arrested Development nearly killed me back in the day. And I didn't love AD half as much. So people, don't put me through this, give FNL a shot, so I don't have to worry about it being taken out back and shot between the eyes every six episodes. Especially if you have a Nielsen box.

Interested in Eton and some nice Brit prose? Tobias Hill provides as much in the Guardian 3-parter, while Dan Rhodes shares his opinion on bloated books, which I believe I wrote about earlier in my blog.
http://books.guardian.co.uk/

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen