Monday, April 23, 2007

six degrees of devastation

As you may know, yesterday was Earth Day (also, my uncle's birthday) and as such this column (http://books.guardian.co.uk/departments/scienceandnature/story/0,,2063401,00.html
by Mark Lynas in The Guardian seems a pretty good place to catch up on reasons why you should really, really recycle, wash your clothes in cold water, and turn electric appliances off when you're not using them. Not only does it save money, it saves energy, and should help keep the almost-certain destructive 2 degree spike in temps over the next 93 years from the apocalyptic 3,4,5, or 6 degree spike that can and probably will happen if we don't reign our consumption way the hell in.
Also, wear sunblock. You're going to need it.

Oh, and I played a lovely game of tennis yesterday. Lots of fun, mostly because I creamed my opponent. Yes, I am that kind of a sportsperson, and I would be ashamed of it, but I'm not.

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen