Thursday, December 20, 2007

SAG

I don't get SAG. Sure, I had problems with Atonement. But Saoirse Ronan should have been a lock, certainly over Ruby Dee. As should have Philip Seymour Hoffman for any and every movie he's been in this year (maybe, one Hoffman role hurt the other?). And where's Lost and FNL? What's with the Boston Legal obsession? And Tony Shalhoub's constant nominations?

Also, the leading man category for films just seems wrong, particularly Viggo's nod (is it because of the naked fight? is that going to be the new prerequisite for a SAG nod?). I have to see a few more movies before I can be sure, but I'm fairly certain it's just not right.
And, Hairspray? Really?

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen