Thursday, March 1, 2007

regarding snails and my life of crime

According to a livescience.com article, British scientists discovered that in order to conserve valuable energy, snails sometimes follow the existing mucus trails laid down by other snails to get around, meaning they only have to create a fraction of the mucus needed to make a new trail.

This is a snail I followed around on Inishmor (I think that's the right Inish) one day. You may notice a lack of mucus behind it. Well, I have a confession to make. The amount of mucus my nose and throat occasionally produces is not enough for me to slide around on. So I stole this snail's mucus. I'm not proud of that, but now that I know other snails do it all the time, I feel much better.

The next thing I'm going to steal? Jack Nicholson's sunglasses.

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen