Monday, March 26, 2007

Six Word Stories

The Guardian always has such lovely ideas (even if they are Hemingway in origin). Unfortunately, they forgot to email me for my six word story (I count hyphenated words as two words, though apparently that was up to the writer in the Guardian piece), so I'll just post a few "genre" stories I wrote here. Enjoy!

She swallowed. She puked. It squirmed.

Long-lost twins. (Explosion!) Which survived?

Squabbled. Global warming. Revelation. Too late.

Circus comes. Tornado appears. Town saved.

Lost compass. Mutant kangaroo. Returned bald.

Self-sacrifice? Didn't save senator's son.

Peasant today, king tomorrow, beheaded Friday.

You got any? http://books.guardian.co.uk/originalfiction/story/0,,2041548,00.html

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen