Monday, March 19, 2007

strange things

strange thing 1: my grandparents insist on using the speaker option for the house phone, so we can hear what they're saying all over the house -- now speaker is what you use when your hands are full. my grandparents' hands are never full.

strange thing 2: when we use the house phone to call someone, the wireless goes down. when someone calls from outside, this does not happen. or maybe it's a speaker-related issue.

What I like:
banyan trees
miniature mechanical circuses (a la the one I saw today at the Ringling Bros. Museum today)
Conde Nast Traveler magazine
London, no matter what New York magazine says

what I don't like:
how much work I'm NOT getting done

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aren't the trees over at the Ringling Brother's Musuem beautiful...I want one when I own a home. Well actually more than one cuz just one of those would be very lonely and the other trees might make fun of it...damn bullies.

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen