Friday, April 18, 2008

uncertainty

I've been interested in uncertainty for some time (probably all my life as an abstract, but only recently as a--how to put it--value), and now, I can't help but think about maps in the human consciousness.
"Here be dragons" used to act as a filler for the human lack of knowledge of geography. While the image of a serpent has vanished from the modern atlas, I can't help but think that idea permeates human history. It's not that we're making it up, not really. We believe there to be dragons. We don't know that we don't know until, you know, ch-ch-ch-changes.
It's not so often books make you think.

Also, had a Tommy's Hamburger today. Will not be repeating that mistake in the future.

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen