Saturday, January 19, 2008

the brief, wondrous Saturday of Little Miss Nomad


The combination of two hours at the DMV (getting my Cali license, finally), three bites of a Yoshinoya teriyaki bowl (so revolting, words cannot describe) and the jarring Blair Witchy handheld photography of Cloverfield have combined to make me nauseous and give my poor, bloated-with-hunger (that's what I'm telling myself) belly heartburn ('cause heartburn isn't really in your heart, right?).

I think I would have really liked Cloverfield were it not for the camerawork. I'm very sensitive to that stuff for some reason.
It also, to be honest, feels not fully realized. Or not Abramsy enough. There's nothing "in a box." We see the monster fairly early on. The characters don't discover anything or hunt anything. They just try to get a friend and get out of Manhattan -- it's all fairly obvious and straight-forward. Well, whatever.

So Van Nuys, you really did not provide me with much in the way of joy today. Shame on you.

My work says "till" is the proper abbreviation of "until." I disagree with this and will 'til the day I die.

Finished Wao. I, personally, think it's something of a masterpiece and highly recommend it. However, if you happen to be a nerdy virgin, beware. Objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear.

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen