Thursday, January 3, 2008

everyone experiments in college...

but this is something you can do at any age as long as you have a Mac. Got Internet Explorer? Try, using Internet Explorer on your Mac, to go to nymag.com.

Just kicked you off, didn't it?

This is one of many reasons why I refuse to buy a Mac. It's a weird, weird computer, and honestly, I find fellow Hounie John Hodgman's desperate PC nerdiness endearing. At least we PC owners aren't all smug and self-assured like Justin Long's Mac. Try and read Gossipmonger, Justin Long. Can't do it, can you? How's your ego feel now?

I'm watching Undeclared on DVD right now. I understand why it was cancelled. It's not just the 9/11 thing. Try watching it. You're not going to laugh out loud much. Probably only when Jason Segel's around (he's pretty darn hilarious). It's a great show, but it's not a conventional sitcom. It's single-camera, and there isn't a joke in every line. It would probably have been better as an hour, though I'm sure it still would have been cancelled. It's not as good or as funny as Freaks & Geeks. I mourned the loss of Judd Apatow from TV, but actually, I think he's better in filmland. As is Will Ferrell. And probably Seth Rogen, who's great but has about as much range as an Easy Bake Oven. I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong by spelling it correctly. Who cares?

But I think Judd needs to cast Timm Sharp in something. That guy was great, and they really ought to have bonded over the fact that their first names both end in double consonants. I mean, who else has that? Seriously. Who?
Besides, a guy named Matt?
Or Will?
Shut up. It seemed like a big thing two seconds ago.

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen