Sunday, September 16, 2007

Bionic Woman

So I've seen the pilot of Bionic Woman and feel compelled to warn you.

Nothing new, people. In fact, it's maddeningly dull. The production value is imitative of a 70s B-movie. Michelle Ryan is beautiful and boring. The supporting cast is forgettable. The only character who is even remotely compelling is the "first" Bionic Woman, the blonde who you see her fighting in the promos, and she's a caricature of little mystery. Exposition is either non-existent or excessive and clunky.

It just doesn't have the shock or surprises provided by Alias, which has a pilot that really blew people away and actually initiated the storyline. Bionic Woman doesn't. It makes me sleepy just thinking about it. I don't want to write about it anymore.

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen