Sunday, September 16, 2007

Emmys coverage

I would have live-blogged the Emmys, but since Seacrest was hosting instead of Hugh Laurie and FNL was pretty much snubbed, I thought, why bother? And I would have boycotted watching if I had a Nielsen box.
I was right. While I was pleased with many of the wins, particularly that of 30 Rock and Current (hoorah! 1:1, baby), the awards were a joke. I don't get all The Sopranos hoopla, and still I'd have forgiven it, if Boston Legal and James Spader weren't a complete mystery to me. WTF, people! WTF! Well, at least Ricky Gervais beat out Tony Shalhoub. And the little tete-a-tete between Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart wasn't bad. But Seacrest needs to quit it with the gay jokes. Kanye was funnier than him. Kanye of the no-sense-of-humor world was funnier.
Oh well.
And what was up with the broken camera? The Emmys won't get an Emmy nod next year, that's for sure.

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen