Monday, September 24, 2007

I heart Encino and Wyoming

Seriously. I had no idea how nice it was. I went to a movie there yesterday and then to this restaurant called "More than Waffles." Had a terrible egg salad sandwich (always a risk) and watched these people at a table across from me. The men, in particular, were all extraordinarily tall and thin, their heads long -- sort of the same physical shape as aliens get in those terrible tabloid-esque specials on TV de temps en temps. Very interesting. They weren't giants, I don't think, just - oddly proportioned.

The movie in question was The Jane Austen Book Club. I know, I know. Groan. But I like Maria Bello (mostly because of The Cooler, a fantastic film) and Jimmy Smits, so really, how bad could it be? Not too bad. It sticks fairly close to the book. Hugh Dancy's actually pretty awesome, and for what it is, the film's funny and enjoyable. The ending (the one year later bit) is insanely cloying, but whatever. Not bad for a matinee with free parking.

Oh, and go Wyoming!

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen