Friday, September 21, 2007

Half of a Yellow Sun, 2007: An LA Odyssey

I started the Adichie book awhile ago, had to return it to the library, and just recently impulse-purchased the paperback. Good decision. It's a brilliant read.

Went to see "2001: A Space Odyssey" for the first time last night at the Aero in Santa Monica with MG. Holy God. What the hell? While the score is brilliant, the horrible sound coming from the big black "monolith-whatever-you-wanna-call-it" was the most brutal thing I've experienced since "Dogtown." I can't imagine people on acid watching that and not running away. Especially with that baby/embryo thing at the end. I'm surprised I didn't have nightmares.

So, yeah. Freaky movie. Weird pacing. But I can understand why people find it so impressive. It is.

Just saw a deer outside my office.

Perplexing tire problems. Tire light went on. Spent all morning at tire place. They say there's nothing wrong, but my front right hubcap appears a bit, how do I put this, busted? As long as I can drive and not die, I'm golden.

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen