Saturday, September 29, 2007

Trail review, "Dose the happiness"



Quentin Blake (my favorite illustrator after my great-grandmother and Maurice Sendak... and only partly because I worship Roald Dahl) article in The Guardian. Love the name Quentin. Despite Tarantino. The quote above comes from the article.

Went on the Dixie Canyon trail today. Very steep, slender trail and unhappily short. Maybe 400-500 meters? But nice and shady, secluded, and two does sauntered across my path. Good workout for those with not alot of time. Park just below Dixie Canyon Place to add another .2 miles to the hike and walk past some giant houses that look like swank apartments (but aren't).
Will probably do Coldwater Canyon hike tomorrow.

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen