Monday, June 9, 2008

Olafur's waterfalls

Back in the day ('04 to be specific) when I was living in London, I had the good fortune to visit the Tate Modern and see Olafur Eliasson's mad awesome The Weather Project. The photo doesn't really do it justice, but boyo, was that cool. So despite my total lack of love for New York's last installation project (yawn), I'm psyched for The New York City Waterfalls and do hope I get to see them when I go back to the tri-state area (hopefully) in September.
If you live in NYC or happen to go see them, let me know if they're as rock star as I'm hoping they will be.

Oh, saw Baby Mama last night. It was all right. Not $11.50 worth of all right. More like a matinee all right. It did remind me, though, of how much I like Greg Kinnear. How can you not? Sabrina (OK, so I'm the only person who likes that movie... he's still good), As Good as it Gets, the upcoming Ghost Town, Baby Mama, Little Miss Sunshine, The Gift, You've Got Mail, Invincible, The Matador even Fast Food Nation-- he is consistently one of the best, most charming, and somehow most underrated actors around. If you haven't seen all of these movies, I recommend them all.

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen