Thursday, June 26, 2008

ways in which I am like Shia LaBeouf

So funny story.

THERE IS A WARRANT OUT FOR MY ARREST FOR NO GODDAMN REASON.

Several months ago, I paid the wrong fare on the LA subway. I was issued a citation and a court date in Compton. I tried to deal with the ticket before my Compton due date, but it hadn't been processed. When I went to Compton, they had no record of my ticket.

Finally, I get a notice about paying my bail amount ($123 for this $2 mistake) and either going to court or requesting a trial by written declaration. I requested the trial and sent in all my information. ALSO I PAID THE BAIL (I have the goddamn receipt).

I hadn't heard anything back, so I assumed I was just fucked on THIS RIDICULOUS TICKET.

And today, I get a notice saying A WARRANT FOR MY ARREST HAS BEEN ISSUED! And the bail amount is $396!

All for a $2 error thanks to me thinking the LA subway system worked like the NYC one. What the HELL?!

So if I don't blog for awhile, it's probably because I've been wrongly imprisoned.

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen