Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ford Genius

You know that commercial where all the Ford vehicles are driving around on the ledges and sides of buildings, irrespective of gravity and general safe driving practices? Has anyone checked out the bottom of the screen for the disclaimer?

"Yes, this is a fantasy. Vehicles can't really drive on buildings."

Oh, come on, Ford. Don't be so modest. Vehicles can totally drive on buildings! They just, you know, can't drive on the sides of buildings. At least, not until you get that radioactive spider bite technology to interact with cars as well as it did with Peter Parker!

2 comments:

CaraMia said...

Kati, you're hysterical. But you know, it won't take a spider bite to make it happen. Just think of the Jetsons...cars need hover-craft technology (and maybe some sort of magnetic padding to link them to buildings should they want to drive on their sides). That's all. No spiders. Just space-age technology.

Oh, and I have a list of other "gaz" words for you...

1. Gaza (as in Isreal)
2. Gazateer (think Newsies)
3. Gazar (a kind of silky fabric...and NO I didn't look that one up on dictionary.com. I mean really, who DOESN'T own something made of Gazar???)
4. Gazump (British slang for cheating a housebuyer by raising the price. And ditto about dictionary.com)
5. Gazogene (An apparatus for impregnating a liquid with a gas, esp. carbon dioxide. DUH!)

...I have to get back to work. :-)

Little Miss Nomad said...

I also forgot the all-important Gazooga! (you know, the sound a man's eyes make as they pop out of their head when a curvaceous woman walks by) and Gazooks! (which may or may not have a D in it and is an expression of utter amazement I might use were I to discover that the erstwhile werewolf/ghost/vampire/zombie I was investigating was actually a bitter postal carrier/butler/journalist/high school principal trying to throw me off the case). I don't believe any of the words you listed are real words, specifically "Gaza" and "Gazateer," which is clearly a corruption of the word "Rocketeer" and honestly, if I were Billy Campbell, I'd be real irked right now. Real irked.

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen