Sunday, February 25, 2007

(Road to the) Oscars!

8:00pm OK, now I want to hear Happy Feet (not see it, it looks uberly scary).
8:01pm Holy, crap, what is this???!!!!!
8:02pm Wait, I thought the Oscars actually started at 8. Not so? Crap.
8:03pm Love Leo. How could you not?
8:04pm Nicole looks like a gift-wrapped bottle of white wine. This isn't a good thing. Why are all these non-nominees here? Are they presenters?
8:05pm No comment. No, ok, here's a comment. The dress has a pocket? And, apparently, the little shiny thing on top came from one of those Star Trek series.
8:06pm STEVE CARELL!
8:13pm Jada Pinkett Smith looks slamming. I think that's the right word.
8:14pm Hollywood's first family? I'm sure there are some who would disagree. Not me, but some.
8:15pm Cameron's nickname used to be "Skeletor"!!!
8:16pm Eddie Murphy IS a cool cat. Why can't he do better films? And stop plugging Pluto Nash!
8:17pm Cate looks gorgeous. But the dress resembles a squid's skin. A glam rock squid's skin.
8:18pm RYAN GOSLING! RYAN! On bringing his mom and sister to the Oscars, "Thanks. I thought I'd do it like Snoop." PILLOW!

No comments:

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with. I don't. Would you take two negative messages?
-- Woody Allen